Business communication skills
Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve with this two-day course.
Without the proper skills and knowledge, it’s easy to feel unsure about creating content that is clear, concise and compelling. You risk writing something that is wooden and disengaged or at worst, unprofessional or confusing. Learn to embrace all forms of communication as an opportunity to connect with and inspire clients, colleagues and stakeholders. Take pride in producing rich and engaging content of the highest quality, and take your writing to the next level. Know which tone and style to select for a specific platform, and why.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of communication
- Create connection with your audience
- Adopt your organisation’s corporate persona for writing
- Understand your target audience and the purpose of your text
- Write clearly and simply, no matter the subject
- Select the appropriate style, structure and register
- Hook your audience and keep them engaged
- Write strong sentences and paragraphs
- Write professional business documents, from memos to instant messaging
- Use basic sub-editing skills to ensure clean, correct copy
- Understand the interplay of writing, editing and design
Duration: Two days
Location: Johannesburg or online
Group size: 3-10 participants
How it works: This course can either be run as a block course (two consecutive days) or one day of training weekly over two weeks.
Nala Academy prides itself on offering the best, by the best. We provide a range of online and in-person courses for journalists, editors and content producers. Our training is dynamic, contemporary and practical – with course content that evolves as quickly as the industry does.
Our core training team includes some of the most recognised names in media in Africa who have built, led and worked for some of the biggest media brands on the continent. We also bring in prominent global journalists and communicators as guest trainers.
To sign up for this course or enquire about our other offerings, get in touch.