Writing and editing masterclass
Great writing is an artform.
Whether you’re putting together an article, a press statement, an internal memo or even an annual report, you’re telling a story – and that story needs to shine through. Discover the secrets to writing copy that will land with your audience, every time. Understand how and why every word matters. Learn to adapt your writing style to a host of different formats and media, and to target niche audiences by understanding what makes them tick. Play with tone, structure and style to develop your writing muscles and find your own unique voice.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Tell vivid, compelling stories
- Write gripping sentences, paragraphs, articles and headlines
- Start strong, keep readers hooked and end on a high
- Edit and proofread your own work for tighter, more effective communication
- Adapt your writing style according to the function of your copy
- Write for different audiences
- Tackle everything from a 20-word email to a 2000-word feature
Duration: Five days
Location: Johannesburg or online
Group size: 3-10 participants
How it works: This course can either be run as a block course (five consecutive days) or one day of training weekly over five weeks.
Nala Academy prides itself on offering the best, by the best. We provide a range of online and in-person courses for journalists, editors and content producers. Our training is dynamic, contemporary and practical – with course content that evolves as quickly as the industry does.
Our core training team includes some of the most recognised names in media in Africa who have built, led and worked for some of the biggest media brands on the continent. We also bring in prominent global journalists and communicators as guest trainers.
To sign up for this course or enquire about our other offerings, get in touch.