Embrace the future by learning the basics of broadcasting’s “Wild West” in this two-day course.
There’s never been a better time to make a podcast. But what makes for a great podcast, and how does podcasting intersect with journalism? In this highly practical course, you’ll not only learn about the basics of news podcasting and audio storytelling but also how to conceptualise, produce and distribute a podcast step-by-step. Explore different formats and themes, find your voice, identify your audience and get busy podcasting!
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the news podcasting landscape and how South Africa fits into it
- Develop compelling podcast concepts
- Tell engaging audio stories that harness sound’s seven superpowers
- Record clear, crisp interviews and podcasting links in person and online
- Incorporate nat sound and background music to build emotion
- Choose the podcast hosting platform that’s right for you
- Distribute your podcast
- Define your metrics for success
Duration: Two days
Location: Johannesburg or online
Group size: 3-10 participants
How it works: This course can either be run as a block course (two consecutive days) or one day of training weekly over two weeks.
Nala Academy prides itself on offering the best, by the best. We provide a range of online and in-person courses for journalists, editors and content producers. Our training is dynamic, contemporary and practical – with course content that evolves as quickly as the industry does.
Our core training team includes some of the most recognised names in media in Africa who have built, led and worked for some of the biggest media brands on the continent. We also bring in prominent global journalists and communicators as guest trainers.
To sign up for this course or enquire about our other offerings, get in touch.