Radio and audio storytelling masterclass
Bring a story to life in your listener’s imagination with this two-day course on audio storytelling
Audio is all about the ear, right? Wrong. It’s actually all about what’s between the ears: imagination. Learn from seasoned radio journalists and podcasters how to create a story that is as unforgettable as it is impactful. Discover audio’s seven superpowers and learn to use them to grab your audience over the airwaves. Create drama, suspense and connection with a few well-chosen words, and paint vivid pictures for your audience using recorded audio. This course is perfect for radio journalists and podcasters who want to take their audio storytelling to the next level. Some previous audio recording and editing knowledge is a must.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Harness audio’s seven superpowers in your storytelling
- Switch from being a sound gatherer to an audio hunter
- Use audio storyboards to sharpen your reporting
- Create audio packages that grab your listener’s imagination
- Write compelling, concise radio and podcast scripts
- Use recorded audio to immerse your listener in a story
- Conduct effective interviews with the right sources
- Use cadence, tone and pace to shift the mood
- Edit and blend sound for maximum effect
Duration: Two days
Location: Johannesburg or online
Group size: 3-10 participants
How it works: This course can either be run as a block course (two consecutive days) or one day of training weekly over two weeks.
Nala Academy prides itself on offering the best, by the best. We provide a range of online and in-person courses for journalists, editors and content producers. Our training is dynamic, contemporary and practical – with course content that evolves as quickly as the industry does.
Our core training team includes some of the most recognised names in media in Africa who have built, led and worked for some of the biggest media brands on the continent. We also bring in prominent global journalists and communicators as guest trainers.
To sign up for this course or enquire about our other offerings, get in touch.