Television and video storytelling masterclass
Intrigue, inform and entertain your viewer with stories that keep them glued to the screen with this two-day course.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth a million. Telling news stories using video is an art, one that you can master. Learn from internationally recognised television journalists how to make every frame count. Craft visually stunning stories that tug at people’s heart strings or provoke them to action. Keep your scripts tight and let the pictures do the talking. Leave your audience with an unforgettable visual experience.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of TV news reporting
- Get to grips with preparation and research
- Create a killer storyboard to guide your reporting
- Get the most out of video interviews
- Put people at the centre of your stories
- Write tight, engaging TV and video scripts
- Innovate with style and format
- Create captivating video packages
- Navigate difficult or sensitive stories
- Handle live reporting and breaking news
Duration: Two days
Location: Johannesburg or online
Group size: 3-10 participants
How it works: This course can either be run as a block course (two consecutive days) or one day of training weekly over two weeks.
Nala Academy prides itself on offering the best, by the best. We provide a range of online and in-person courses for journalists, editors and content producers. Our training is dynamic, contemporary and practical – with course content that evolves as quickly as the industry does.
Our core training team includes some of the most recognised names in media in Africa who have built, led and worked for some of the biggest media brands on the continent. We also bring in prominent global journalists and communicators as guest trainers.
To sign up for this course or enquire about our other offerings, get in touch.